This feed is from the NEW There's Something About Harry Website at Something-About-Harry.com

Woke up in the Middle of a Battle this Morning

Sep 23, 2006

This morning I woke up to the sounds of war. I have been out of the military for over 10 years. This morning when I awoke I was somewhat disorientated thinking that I had gone back in time.

I heard the sounds of war. Explosions, gunshots, blood curdling yells and screams, alarms and more.

After a couple minutes I realized that it wasn't the real thing. The smell wasn't there. No diesel fumes, no radios or static, no sulfur or smells of recent gunfire.

As I cleared the smoke in my brain, I became aware that the fighting was less war and more border squirmish between my three year old daughter and my eight year old son.

I had no idea what the fight was about, but as tensions escalated I heard my daughter yell out that she was going for reinforcements. "I'm going to tell Mommy!" she barked as if she were General MacArthur reincarnated with the veiled threat of I will return and you'll be sorry this time.

She then opened the door, while my son screamed, "Noooooo!"

Too late, he didn't really fear mommy, he feared the house alarm.

As my daughter opened the door, the house alarm went off and that's when yours truly finally got out of bed.

WooHoo ed by Unknown at 8:23 PM  


0 Gabbles(comments):

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=aa66f58cff59464a2b565a453e7059e2 ss_blog_claim=aa66f58cff59464a2b565a453e7059e2