This feed is from the NEW There's Something About Harry Website at Something-About-Harry.com

Casting my lot for Paid to Post Discussion Boards

Nov 19, 2006

I meet and talk to a lot of people in several forums.  As a blogger its a great way to meet people and get exposure for your website.  Its also a great place to get ideas to write about whether its news of the day, or something funny, or current events or anything.

The internet being what it is a place for people to come together to play and make money at the same time, I've always been struck by the fact that I often provide some very solid advice and help to people on these boards for free.  Sometimes I'll republish a more developed version of my thoughts in a board on my actual blog, but often times my efforts go unrewarded.

Until I found MyLot!

MyLot pays your to contribute your thoughts, ideas, discussions, pictures and to get people talking in General.  Their business model pays members based on how much they discuss, the quality of their responses, and the pictures they upload. 

I was a little tentative (as I always am with get paid to do this that or the other on the internet schemes) so I ventured by to try it out Friday night.  I started two discussions, made 14 responses on various topics, and uploaded 1 picture relating to a topic.  I spent about 10 minutes getting the account setup and reading the newbie faq's.  I spent another 10 minutes learning the system (I was drinking beers and going a little slow with lots of interruptions.).  I spent maybe a total of 5-10 minutes with the actual discussions.

I earned 33 cents which is paid via PayPal as these models often do.

Now, I normally write and respond a lot more in a discussion board than I did that night, but I wanted to get a sense of things.  I earned on average about 2 cents per post with a word count of approximately 15-30 words.

Not getting rich fast on this, but it was a very good source of writing topics, which helped me generate several blog posts this weekend.  Plus, its one of those things where you can talk in one group for free or you can talk in another and earn money for it.

I'll continue to play along there and see how it goes and keep you posted!

WooHoo ed by Unknown at 3:55 PM  


2 Gabbles(comments):

You have more ideas for us fledgling bloggers than just about anyone.

Green Thumb close second.

Thanks for the into to "Harry", looks good and for the info on getting paid to blog re: your own blog.

dave

txdave said...
11:30 AM  

Thanks Dave!

I keep looking around and you are correct Green Thumb has some excellent ideas nor only for earning money from our writing but also for promoting our work.

At the end of the day, I keep looking around because I believe that our thoughts are valuable.

I keep looking for new ways to make money in this fashion as it supports the theory. Many of these conversions of thoughts for value are still a little rough around the edges, but I think the internet has made some dramatic improvements recently in this area.

I also think that the rate of improvement is dramatically increasing!

Unknown said...
1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=aa66f58cff59464a2b565a453e7059e2 ss_blog_claim=aa66f58cff59464a2b565a453e7059e2